Introducing the Tower Swagger iSUP Package
The Quick Overview
The skinny on the Tower Swagger Inflatable SUP is that thinner is a better
inflatable option in the surf zone and for petite riders. While our 6"
thick Tower Adventurer is the better option for 8 out of 10 stand up paddle
boarders (and arguably the best
inflatable iSUP package on the market), the 4" Swagger Inflatable SUP
is what you're looking for if you're just using the board for surfing. It's
the ideal paddle surfing SUP traveler! Additionally, it's a better choice for
petite riders and kids as the extra rigidity and flotation of our 6" Tower
Adventurer is a bit overkill for them.
A wider 4" Inflatable SUP Design
Whereas most 4" inflatable SUPs have a width of 30 inches, the Tower
Swagger features a more stable 32" width. The truth that most won't tell
you is that all 4" SUPs sag in the middle and ride low in the water for
all but very petite riders. The Tower Swagger is better than most on that front
due to extra flotation added by the width and the fact that you can inflate
them up to 11 PSI. Still, we still recommend most people go with the 6"
Tower Adventurer inflatable SUP unless you're petite or just using it for surfing.
If you're surfing, the bend actually works in your favor on the face of a wave
as the board bends a bit with the wave. Additionally, as the 4" board sinks
more it tends to absorb all of the little side wave action better than the 6"
Tower Adventurer which tends to float up and over every little side wave.
Benefits of the an Inflatable SUP over EPS/Epoxy board
- Easier to store - When rolled up, it's 1 foot in diameter
and 33" wide.
- Nearly indestructible - Never worry again about dings and
board cracks. I've literally thrown these things off a 2nd story deck and
I frequently set it down anywhere (gravel, a parking lot, even on cement stairs).
- Easier to transport - No need for roof racks. About the
size of a rolled sleeping bag, it easily fits in any car or boat, and can
even be strapped onto a bicycle or motorcycle. It will easily fit in the overhead
compartment on a plane.
- Softer - You can literally play bumper boats with these.
Kids can jump from one board to the other like they're jumping on an inner
tube. You won't get knocked out in the waves either.
- Easy on the feet - While very rigid, the air does cushion
your feet a lot more than a hard board, no matter how good the deck pad is.
- Less expensive - Which also makes it a great idea as a
second board for travel or guests.
Warning - Beware of cheap inflatable iSUPs
The Tower Swagger Inflatable SUP is amazingly priced because we sell it direct.
It's a high-end, well designed, and well considered inflatable SUP, but at a
direct to market price. Please don't confuse it with many of the cheap inflatable
SUP packages on the market, which are characterized by many issues including:
- Poorly designed detachable fins that frequently fall off during use.
- Cheap bags that are "bundled in", yet you'll never use. A simple
strap works fine.
- Cheapest available, uncomfortable traction pads.
- Questionably designed inflation pumps that come apart.
- Pressure gauges that are not integrated into the pump, so you have to pump,
detach, check inflation, pump, detach, check, etc.
- Lack of a surf leash attachment or towing attachment.