If you ask what surfing was is to a "real surfer",
you might hear it's a connection between the ocean
and the surfer one that is powerful and addicting. Put
much more simply, surfing is a popular water sport
where the surfer rides a surfboard while standing
up on the crest of a wave to the shore. It is
one of the oldest sports that originated in Western
You can surf anywhere there is wave, but certain
beaches provide the best surfing experiences. Some
of the most popular places to surf are:
- Fuerteventura, Spain- The beaches here have invigorating
waves and great reef and point breaks.
- Mentawai Islands, Indonesia- The water here is
manageable for all surfers.
- California, North America- The summer months are
excellent for Surf City, U.S.A. The many beaches
in California have consistent high quality waves.
- Hawaii- Hawaii is a significant area in the history
- Gold Coast, Australia- Over 70km of beaches and
four great point breaks.