We want your online experience to be enjoyable, simple and successful. With Tower's direct to consumer business model on stand up paddleboards and accessories you get off the chart value AND unparalleled customer service. That's the Tower difference. As seasoned eCommerce veterans, we appreciate the importance of getting your order delivered to you in a timely manner, and explaining the whole process upfront. To that end, we have created the following shipping policy which should clarify what companies we use for our shipments and how quickly we anticipate getting your order out the door.
Tower’s business week is currently Tuesday to Saturday. We are off Sunday and Monday, and thus do not ship on Mondays. We guarantee to process all orders within 2 of our business days of your order, and it’s not uncommon for us to process an order within 1 of our business days. We ship Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. When your order ships, you will receive a shipment confirmation email with your tracking number.
Aside from hard boards, all domestic orders over $100 (within the continental US) qualify for FREE ground shipping, which typically has a time in transit of 3-5 business days. Orders totaling less than $100 are charged a $9 flat rate shipping fee for this same service. This includes inflatable paddle boards, swim steps, paddles, eBikes, accessories, and basically everything we sell except hard paddle boards and surfboards. Hard paddle boards and surfboards ship for free, but their size necessitates they ship via freight carriers so the time in transit is longer and more variable, typically 7-14 business days.
We offer an expedited shipping option on some orders. We offer a $29 expedited 2-3 day time in transit shipping option on smaller items. We also offer a $49 expedited 2-3 day shipping option on larger orders up to 50 lbs. Other orders do not offer an expedited shipping option. Your cart will show you if your order qualifies for either of these expedited shipping options.
Shipping service time in transit quotes are just that, the number of business days involved in your order’s time in transit. These do not factor in order processing time, which can be up to 2 additional business day, nor do they factor in non-business days, which can add additional days to the elapsed time between when you order and when your product arrives, depending on the day of the week you order. Keep this in mind when ordering.
In the US, we currently ship to physical addresses in the lower 48 states. We do not ship to PO Boxes. We do not ship to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands, Military APO/FPO addresses, or other outlying US regions. Outside the US, we only ship to Canada.
We use various services from UPS and USPS Priority mail to ship all orders, and the nature of your order dictates which carrier we use. Sorry, but we don’t allow customers to specify a carrier.
We currently ship to Canada, but do not offer shipping to any other countries outside of the US.
For Canada, all large items ship via UPS Standard to Canada at carrier rates based on your order size and weight and your destination. Time in transit is typically 3-7 business days. On very small items, we offer a $29 flat-rate shipping option with a time in transit of 6-14 business days.
NOTE: Custom, Duty, Taxes, and Country Specific Fees Are Separate
Our Canadian shipping price only reflects the base shipping charge not including customs duties, taxes and country specific fees. Our shipping price ONLY reflects the cost for us to ship your order to your country. If you are unsure of your country's import policies, please check with them before ordering. IT IS COMMON FOR THE SHIPPING COMPANY TO ARRIVE WITH A BILL WHEN YOU IMPORT PRODUCT FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY, SO BE PREPARED. Tower Paddle Boards will not be held liable for any customs duties or taxes that arise from your local customs office. Tower Paddle Boards will also not be held responsible for any additional fee the local carrier in your country may charge.
Shipment Issues & Remedies
We've been shipping stand up paddleboards and accessories for a decade so we've become pretty adept at it. We have very few problems, and when we do, just call or email us and we'll personally take care of any situation and ensure you are not only a satisfied customer, but that you are so happy with your purchase that you become great word of mouth referral - that helps us pass on more savings to other stand up paddleboard customers like yourself!
Hard Board Delivery Instructions
Because of their size, delivery on hard board stand up paddle boards is a little different than your regular UPS or USPS delivery. We ship our boards via a freight company. Here's what you need to know:
- Expect a call before shipment - The freight company will contact you via the phone number on your order to schedule a convenient delivery time when the board is in your area.
- Arrange for personal receipt - You will need to have someone available to take delivery. If this is problematic, you can often times pick it up at the shipping company’s warehouse with an ID.
- Inspect upon delivery - The drivers ARE NOT required to stick around while you inspect the board, but THEY ARE obligated to come back within 3-days and pick-up a board at no cost if the board was damaged during delivery. If the driver is willing to stick around (this is at their discretion and depending on how busy they are), pull the board out of the box and inspect it right upon delivery, especially if the box is badly damaged. Even if the driver won't wait around, you are still covered for damaged boards, so don't fret it. Our freight company is one of the best in the business, but occasionally items of this nature can get damaged during shipment. We are one of the few companies in the industry that double boxes our shipments, so risk of damage is minimal.
If your SUP board is damaged, you have 2 options:
- Option 1: Accept delivery and we'll compensate you - If you feel the damage is something you can live with or repair, please accept the delivery, keep the board boxes and bubble wrap packaging and contact us. We will try to determine a refund to compensate you fairly for the damage. Our aim is to make you 100% satisfied, but if we can't reach agreement that makes sense we will retrieve the board and just send you a replacement.
- Option 2: Refuse shipment - If you don't feel compensation will do the trick, either refuse shipment (write "refused due to damage" on the shipping receipt) on the spot and notify us, or let us know within 24 hours of delivery and we'll arrange for the damaged board to be picked up. We'll get a replacement board out right away, but understand it will take another 7-10 days in transit just like the 1st shipment.
Damage rarely happens to our boards, but please understand that in the event it does, we are here to take care of you. At extra expense, we double box our boards to minimize the risk of damage, but it still is a possibility. Our policy is to be open and honest with you and not make you jump thru a bunch of hoops to get a satisfactory remedy. All that we ask from you is that you also understand that sometimes these things happen, and all parties have to be reasonable. We'll get the situation rectified.
Please review our policies and procedures and let us know if you have any questions or concerns by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (858) 362-4082